Etnosfera Journal is an editorial project initiated by a young and enthusiastic team in order to facilitate the research and results obtained by scholars around the globe.
Founded in an electronic format in 2009, the Journal intends to be an interdisciplinary approach to which any researcher with important findings can contribute.
The archive contains 37 issues (2009–2021) and 185 articles so far. Currently, the regime appearances is currently two numbers per year.
The topics covered in the Journal belong to the field of social sciences and related fields (sociology, anthropology, geography, demography, communication, management, history, etc.), and the published articles cover general topics such as:
- the issue of minorities in Romania and Europe (ethnic, religious, cultural, linguistic, etc.)
- identity, culture and traditions
- migration theories and case studies within Europe
- communication and interculturality
- modern and contemporary perspectives on society
- the demographic situation of cults in Romania and in the world
- promotion and respect for human rights
- theories in Romanian and international geopolitics
Starting with no.1/2018, out of the desire to mark the Centenary of the Great Union of Romania, the decision to completely revitalize the format and content of the Journal was taken. Thus, in addition to improving the editorial format, updating and diversifying the structure of the Scientific and Editorial Boards, the Etnosfera Journal started to be issued not only in electronic format, but also in a printed version, with the financial support of the Romanian Academy Publishing House. In addition, starting with 2020, the efforts of indexing the Journal in relevant international databases have started.
PhD Radu Baltasiu
PhD Ovidiana Bulumac
Its issues are available online for free. The printed journal can be purchased from the Romanian Academy Publishing House directly.
The Etnosfera Journal was just recently included in the Central and Eastern European Online Library database, and is under review by several other at the time being.
YEARS OF PUBLISHING